M. Cristina Carelli
Cristina has over 18 years experience in managing and marketing commercial, retail and industrial property. She is accomplished in property asset management and is able to direct and administer all aspects of corporate real estate. Cristina’s skills include; financial management, economic analysis, feasibility studies, administration, marketing and negotiation of lease and sale contracts.
Education & Licences
Property Development Program (PDP) Certificate
University of Cape Town, South Africa, Graduate School of Business
Florida Real Estate License
Sales Associate License
South African Real Estate License
Fedbond Financial Services, Johannesburg South Africa.
Head of Property Division responsible for developing and executing a national business strategy and operating structure for the consolidation of 136 properties, measuring approximately 4,000,000 square feet. Implemented new property management systems, work-flow processes, tenant administration; income/expense control and facilities management. Initiated, negotiated and concluded major leasing arrangements with key tenants, providing all decisions and accurate legal documentation.
Nedbank Limited, Johannesburg, South Africa
Senior Manager and head of Corporate Real Estate Operations for a major commercial bank managing 33 members of staff with the following responsibilities:
- Corporate Real Estate Services. Identification, negotiation and administration of all premises for bank occupation and operation. Including fit-out to corporate identity standards.
- Space Planning. Repositioning of personnel, client liaison, workstation layout design and space efficiencies and cost control.
- Facilities Management of head-office campus operational services including security, maintenance, cleaning, catering, canteen, conferencing, child care and auditorium. Negotiation and management of outsourcing contracts.
- Property Asset Management and implementation of appropriate action e.g. disposals, acquisitions, outsourcing, tax efficiencies, etc.
Nedbank Corporate Head Quarters, Sandton, South Africa
Owner’s Representative Project Manager for the development and administration of a 645,000 square feet head office. Duties included:
- Site Selection, development cost research and feasibility studies.
- Formation of an efficient Space Utilization strategy and the logistical repositioning of 3,500 employees.
- Co-ordination with architects, engineers and professional team in regard to building design, facilities planning, parking, telecommunications, information technology infrastructure and energy efficiencies.
- Project Administration, progress reports, space utilization reports, analysis of project budget and cost reports.